The veterinary technician is the veterinarian's primary medical support. They aid the veterinarians in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. They have a very significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide compassionate care to patients and clients.
- Prepare and maintain the exam rooms and treatment areas.
- Keep accurate medical records in accordance with hospital policy.
- Understand all common vaccines and vaccination protocols and able to explain to clients.
- Prepare and communicate effectively treatment plans as outlined by doctor and discuss financial commitments with clients while supporting hospital financial policies.
- Handle client's medical questions with confidence and direct to veterinarians when appropriate.
- Assist the veterinarian in medical, surgical, and dental procedures.
- Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative relationship with other employees.
- Understand the importance of a clean and orderly facility, and clean, do laundry, and organize as part of a normal job duty.
Must have a Washington-state veterinary technician license.
Will work a flexible schedule that includes Saturdays.